5 benefits of eating fish + My favorite recipe!
Did you know that fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet?
Personally, I love fish. It’s my favorite protein and I consume a piece of grilled fish at least once a week.
Strangely, I’ve come across a lot of people who hate fish. Some don’t like it because of the smell, some don’t know how to cook it, and some are just scared of fish!
That’s why I thought it was important to discuss this topic – fish is loaded with important nutrients such as Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.
Here are 5 health benefits of eating fish that are supported by research:
- Fish is high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids which can reduce inflammation and help protect your heart.
- Fish is also a dietary essential for your brain. A study found that those who consume fish regularly had more grey brain matter, which reduces brain shrinkage and deterioration.
- Fish are high in vitamin D, and are considered one of the best dietary sources for this essential nutrient.
- If you have trouble falling or staying asleep, eating more fish may do the trick. According to a study, increased consumption of fish improved quality of sleep for most subjects.
- Fish is a great source of protein without the high saturated fat content that many other types of meat have.
Lavina's favourite fish recipe!
Here is my secret, shortcut fish recipe that is very easy to prepare at home.
- 400 grams fish White fish works best
- 2 tbsp fish fry masala mix I use Mehran Fish Fry Masala from Spinneys
- 2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 4 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- pam cooking spray
In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the fish and make a fine paste
Apply the mix on the fish and marinade for at least 30 minutes
Spray the pan liberally with Pam cooking spray
Fry fish on medium heat till it turns brown from both sides
Squeeze lemon juice and serve