No place I’d rather be // My luxe weekend at the Waldorf Astoria resort, Palm Jumeirah
Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, this sea-facing Waldorf Astoria property promises all the amenities for a relaxing getaway
The Waldorf Astoria brand has always been synonymous with glamour, sophistication, and elegance. I spent a comfortable weekend at this palatial hotel to experience their rooms, facilities, and dining destinations.
Location & design
This grand hotel has 319 spacious rooms and is undoubtedly one of the best properties that Palm Jumeirah has to offer. The elegant beach resort checks all the boxes that make it a Waldorf property – an upscale & luxury accommodation that reflects the culture and history of their extraordinary location.
My spacious 55m² King Deluxe Room featured a signature Waldorf Astoria king-sized bed, a comfortable seating area, and a stylish marble bathroom equipped with Salvatore Ferragamo signature bath amenities. Inspired by the Arabian Gulf skyline, the interiors are bright and airy.
An abundance of services and amenities are available at the resort, such as temperature-controlled swimming pools, water sports, Waldorf Astoria Spa, beauty salon, and beach access.
The hotel spoils you for choice by offering 6 iconic restaurants and bars at the property:
- Social by Heinz Beck – my personal favorite; the world-renowned, 3-star Michelin Chef Heinz Beck’s contemporary Italian restaurant
- Lao -inspired by the natural beauty and intrinsic cuisine of Vietnam
- Mezzerie -offers breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets featuring international cuisine
- Peacock Alley – the ideal place to indulge in delicious, freshly made cakes, pastries, the hotel’s signature tea and coffee selections
- Palm Avenue – poolside restaurant and bar offering a relaxed and modern European-style atmosphere
- Serafina – a bar offering refined Venetian dining experience, a signature cocktail list, and live entertainment in the evenings
- This property is ideal for families & couples – not so much for business travelers
- The hotel is an hour’s drive from either of the international airports in Dubai
- The hotel is quite new – it was inaugurated in 2014 by HH Sheikh Mohammad
- You can travel to and from the property using an RTA water taxi – the station is on the private beach
- The hotel has a beautiful ballroom ideal for weddings
Waldorf Astoria is located on the East Crescent of Palm Jumeirah.